Well, I made it to day two. Woot! I'm starting to feel like I can really do this whole 'independence' thing. I went grocery shopping and only bought food I knew I'd eat. I didn't even get junk food, though the ice cream isle was shouting my name. I'm hoping I can make it to payday without needing to gas up the van my parents kindly gave me. I'm still in Princess mode though. I keep thinking of things that I'd like to do. Like join a gym. And go through a car wash. Or get a haircut. I get paid from my other job this Friday, and that's when I'll be able to gas up, at least halfway. But I'm including that in necessities. Luckily, work isn't far at all, and my roommate/best friend usually likes to drive the one mile, mostly because her car has air conditioning. (If it weren't at 6:30 am, I'd more strongly consider just walking to work.) Another task still on the list is apartment hunting. As always, the internet is being extremely unhelpful in this regard, meaning we'll have to resort to driving around and looking. I would really like to find a place that's still close to work, but not right next to the train tracks. I'm a light sleeper, and listening to trains go by at 3 am doesn't help me wake up at 5:30 feeling refreshed. It was probably not smart, but I did take a nap at 6 pm today. It wasn't entirely intentional either. I was interneting, and then my roommate was waking me up so I could eat a cookie. Not too terrible, and it was nice of her to not let me sleep too long, since that would really mess up my sleeping schedule tonight. I'm starting to kind of wake up a little now, which is a problem, since it's really bedtime. Once it gets quiet and dark, I should fall asleep easily. I hope. There's a lot of white noise mixed in with the train noises, and I haven't really decided if that's a good thing or not. But, hopefully, I'll only have to endure it for two weeks. Hopefully.
Goodnight~
No comments:
Post a Comment