I'm no longer a princess. I'm not chasing a prince, but I have managed to dig my way out of my cat-cave. (I'll miss Chester and Emmett for two weeks :( ) I finally decided at age 24 that maybe I should work on being a little independent. I am pitifully unprepared, I have only oatmeal, slim-fast, and diet Dr. Pepper for food. I luckily have all my necessary toiletries and then some. I have clothing, a job, and a friend's couch. I'll have to cook all my own food, do all my own laundry, and most importantly, pay for everything. I've never paid for everything before. Already, I feel like I need to go do things that aren't really crucial, but would be nice, like go through a car wash. I hope it doesn't take me long to figure out that going through a car wash could put something else in jeopardy, like buying bread. I'll have to learn to actually budget. If I'm being perfectly honest, the desire to learn budgeting is one of the bigger factors behind my decision to suddenly move out. And really, it was VERY sudden. Less than a week to make a huge life change. I am really lucky though, because if this whole thing flops, I'll still have a cat-cave waiting for me. If everything goes well, I can find a place to live that isn't my friend's couch and start working on building some savings. Or at least live comfortably. I really don't want to live in Pocatello, but at the same time, I missed living alone/with my best friend. I liked living in the cat-cave, but there were definitely times when it grated on me. I don't sleep through noise well, and there were plenty of times when I had to ask siblings to be quiet or put a pillow over my head to drown out my dad's music. Again, I'm not a princess anymore, so I'm going to have to learn to deal with being around a person 24/7. I'm a very introverted person, and I happen to like having "me" time when I can do whatever the heck I want without someone being around. Since I'm on my friend's couch, I'll have to save up the "me" time for later. I just hope that I don't get majorly depressed or irritated in the next two weeks. I also hope that it will only be two weeks that I'll be mooching off my friend's couch space, but I'm afraid logic says it will be more like a month. :(
I want to get into a routine of writing daily, even if it's for like two minutes. Usually my attempts to make anything into a routine last about two days. Or so.
Goodnight~
No comments:
Post a Comment